About Ralph Nelson
Ralph Nelson, EA, founder, and owner of Financial Harmony Tax Resolution LLC, has been providing tax resolution services and tax preparation services to individuals and small businesses since 1998. Ralph understands the stress that can come with dealing with tax problems. He is incredibly passionate about helping his clients deal with the IRS efficiently and effectively so that they can obtain peace of mind. As he says, customer satisfaction is “enriching to [the] soul.”
Ralph’s sole focus in work is helping clients resolve IRS problems—including Offer in Compromise, a properly-structured Installment Agreement, Currently-non-Collectible status, audit reconsideration, and more.
As a seasoned tax resolution specialist, Ralph has helped many clients transition from being overwhelmed into taking action and, finally, finding a resolution. Ralph’s recently completed projects include:
- Helping a client file 20 years of back taxes and set up installment agreements. (Afterward, the client said to Ralph, “I now feel like I am a member of the human race).
- Saving a client $370,000 on an IRS bill
Before starting his tax resolution and preparation business, Ralph owned another business—Nelson Piano Service—where he was a self-employed piano technician. Since then, he has focused solely on tax resolution and tax preparation for more than two decades, delivering knowledgeable, reliable counsel in IRS negotiations.
Ralph holds the following designations:
- Enrolled Agent, certified to represent clients before all administrative levels of the IRS. The IRS gives this designation to qualified applicants
- Fellow of the National Tax Practice Institute, certified as an expert in taxpayers’ rights and tax rules, from the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA)
- Certified Tax Resolution Specialist, a designation restricted to Enrolled Agents, CPAs, and attorneys who have proven expertise in resolving a wide range of tax resolution problems, from the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS)
When Ralph isn’t busy solving clients’ tax problems, he enjoys spending time with his wife, Julie. He also loves exercising his musical talent. Singing in his church choir, playing the guitar, and writing children’s songs and haikus are some of his favorite pastimes. Ralph, who is a vegan, loves to cook, and has an obsession with creating acronyms.