About Ralph Nelson
Ralph Nelson, EA, founder, and owner of Financial Harmony Tax Resolution LLC, has been providing tax resolution services and tax preparation services to individuals and small businesses since 1998. Ralph understands the stress that can come with dealing with tax problems. He is empathic and passionate about helping his clients reclaim their lives. As he says, customer satisfaction is "enriching to the soul."
Ralph's sole focus in work is helping clients resolve IRS problems—including Offer in Compromise, a properly-structured Installment Agreement, Currently-non-Collectible status, audit reconsideration, and more.
Ralph's recently completed projects include:
- Helping a client file 20 years of back taxes and set up installment agreements. (Afterward, the client said to Ralph, "I now feel like I am a member of the human race").
- Saving a client $370,000 on an IRS bill
Before starting his tax resolution and preparation business, Ralph owned another business—Nelson Piano Service—where he was a self-employed piano technician. Since then, he has focused solely on tax resolution and tax preparation for more than two decades, delivering knowledgeable, reliable counsel in IRS negotiations.
Ralph holds the following designations:
- Enrolled Agent, certified to represent clients before all administrative levels of the IRS. The IRS gives this designation to qualified applicants
- Fellow of the National Tax Practice Institute, certified as an expert in taxpayers' rights and tax rules from the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA)
- Certified Tax Resolution Specialist
When Ralph isn't busy solving clients' tax problems, he enjoys spending time with his wife, Julia. In addition, he loves singing in his church choir, playing the guitar, and writing children's songs. Ralph, who is a vegan, loves to cook, and has an obsession with creating acronyms.